JAMES HOFFMAN ft BARISIEUR
So yeah this happened...
1 - Who is James Hoffman?
James Hoffman is a very well respected coffee connoisseur who mostly makes videos about anything and everything to do with coffee, occasionally food and sometimes business/entrepreneurship.
We believe he was crowned world barista champion in 2007. He then went on to train two subsequent world champions. James is now regarded as one of the world's leading experts on coffee.
2 - How did this come about?
We were doing some customer research and we had seen that James had actually purchased one via our Kickstarter campaign in 2020. To our surprise he uploaded a video on youtube reviewing the Barisieur.
3 - What did he say and what did we learn?
James said a lot; but in a nutshell:
- James starts off talking about the inconvenience of getting up and having to walk down stairs to go and make a morning brew. We get it!
- James talks about his interest with alarm clocks as he doesn't like to wake up to his mobile phone as an alarm as he sees that he usually gets into a bad habit of rolling over and scrolling on social media first thing. This is not a great way to start the day.
- He mentions that the Barisieur has too man vowels. Our founder (Josh) is actually dyslexic and was going for Barista meets connoisseur meets monsieur - and was actually going for symmetry for the word. However james nailed the pronunciation!
- He then sits down and talks about what the buttons control, how the Barisieur brews, and what he thinks about it.
- He was hoping there was an earlier time for the brew delay. Currently, we only have 5 mins before. He was hoping for 10 mins before as well. NOTED
- James takes his coffee black but used the milk carafe and cooler to keep his morning turmeric shot chilled instead. We thought this was pretty innovative!
- James mention that it was a good cup of coffee! Result!
- He also mentioned that he liked the look of the Barisieur and it is a fun way to brew due to the experience.
- He said it feels well made, solid, expensive and robust - and we were so happy that he picked up on the attention to quality and detail that we look for when we design and manufacture our products.
4 - How do I watch the video?
Easy! Just go HERE.
Please let us know what you think, we'd love to hear from you.
All the best,
Team Joy Resolve